Montebello is a unique enclave of Old World luxury right in the heart of Greenville County. This 350-acre master-planned gated community is nestled on the gentle slopes of Piney Mountain. Montebello features distinctive architecture that is reminiscent of the Italian and French countryside. Residents can choose from a range of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos to suit their preferences. Free-flowing creeks and rolling greenways are a staple of everyday life for families here. Unsurprisingly, Montebello is ranked among Greenville’s top 10 neighborhoods.
Montebello is located within Greenville County, SC. The neighborhood is only 3.5 miles to the north of downtown Greenville and about 4 miles from the I-385. Montebello residents can drive 8 miles to access the Greenville Memorial Hospital and 15 miles to get to the Greenville Spartanburg Airport. The area is located about 60 miles from Asheville (NC), 100 miles from Charlotte (NC), and 107 miles away from Columbia (SC).
Montebello comes across as a beautiful, upscale South Carolina gated community with a lot to desire. The hillside homesites provide beautiful views (particularly at night) of the surrounding Greenville county areas and distant Blue Ridge mountains. You really get the feel of being in the Tuscan hills of Italy or the French countryside. Gently winding streets meander up and down the gentle hills, calibrated by tall cypress trees. This Greenville SC neighborhood features 12 miles of private streets and walkways. The hilly topography creates a picturesque setting while also providing natural privacy for many of the lots here.
Montebello Greenville SC homes for sale
The first home in Montebello was built in 1990. Many of the lots here are well over a half-acre, with some spanning several acres. There is a choice of townhomes, condos, and single-family estates up to 8,000 square feet in Montebello. The HOA is very emphatic about maintaining quality construction and only a few builders have been approved. Homes for sale in Montebello Greenville SC can range from $200,000 to $2 million in pricing. If you are not able to find the listing of your dreams here, some hot neighborhoods closeby include the North Main Area, Augusta Street Area, and Overbrook Historic District.
Communities within Montebello
There are 4 established homesites within the gated Montebello Greenville SC community:
- Montebello – this part of the larger gated community contains custom-built single-family homes. Most of the real estate here is European inspired and build with stucco, brick, or stone exteriors. This is the section of the larger community that is located on rolling hills, with homes featuring at least a half-acre lot and offering majestic views of the greenways.
- Promenade de Montebello – this French-themed neighborhood is located on the north slope of Piney Mountain, providing breathtaking views of the distant Blue Ridge Mountains. The French-inspired architecture in Promenade ranges from 2,500 to 6,000 square feet in size. There are lovely walking paths, a gathering place, and a top park with panoramic views in place.
- Palazzo di Montebello – most of the real estate in this part of Montebello features single-level condominium sales. The buildings are still located near the waterscapes and greenways. Each condo offers 2 or 3 bedrooms, along with a personal study.
- Villagio di Montebello – this is an Italian-themed village with brightly colored villas and townhomes. Most of the homes here are Tuscan-inspired townhomes and single-family houses. Every home features terra cotta roofs and stucco walls. Some notable amenities in this part of the gated Montebello neighborhood include a grilling station, Bocce Ball court, and a putting green.
Amenities in Montebello
Residents of Montebello in Greenville SC have access to a range of natural and luxury amenities:
- Community amenities – one of the most notable amenities in Montebello is the elegantly decorated Club Bella. This 2,100 square foot clubhouse overlooks Lake Como and houses the residents’ special events. There’s also a swimming pool adjacent to the clubhouse and Lake Como where residents can engage in a refreshing swim. Other community amenities in Montebello include a lighted tennis court, walking paths, putting green, Bocce Ball court, and a covered pavilion with outdoor gas grill.
- Nature – For residents who are into fishing, the 3+ acre Lake Como is the place to be. It is stocked with bass and usually open from May to September. There are 4 more parks accessible to residents of Montebello: Villagio Park, Promenade Park, Lucca Park, and Bella Vista Park. These provide the perfect natural environment for those who would simply like to take a refreshing stroll or unwind after a hard day’s work.
- Main street – Montebello is located just 3.5 miles from Main Street in downtown Greenville. This means residents have convenient access to a range of locally-owned shops, bakeries, restaurants, antique shops, and big-box stores.
Events, arts, and entertainment
Montebello is an excellent neighborhood for families who seek an active lifestyle. In addition to the hiking trails, parks, and lake, there are numerous opportunities for arts, culture, and entertainment in the downtown Greenville area. The city of Greenville hosts more than 100 events each year. These include summer concerts, farmers’ markets, and more. There a zoo where the kids can have fun and learn about animals, as well as a theater for entertainment. Indeed, the Greenville downtown compliments the neighborhood’s appeal and makes you fall in love with Montebello over and over again.